Subdomain Endpoints for AMP
Subdomain Endpoints for AMP allows you do that. Using this extension you can customize the structure of AMP URL as per your requirement. It allows you to add your own custom AMP Endpoints as Subdomain.Using this extension you can customize the structure of AMP URL as per your requirement.
Subdomain Endpoints for AMP Features
1. Set Subdomain As AMP URL
- It will allow you to add your own Subdomain as an AMP URL (amp.website.com)
2. Easy to shift AMP to the middle of the URL
- It will even allow you to set AMP in the middle of the URL (website.com/amp/article/ )
3. Use any Custom Subdomain Name
- While Placing the Subdomain Endpoints for AMP omain you can use any custom subdomain name.
4. Easy Setup
- Very easy setup you just need to set your custom endpoint.
5. Simple to use
- We do have an option which allows you to enable/disable the endpoint support for your Websites. Once you set your custom endpoint and after saving the permalinks the url will be changed as per your set-up.
6. Dedicated AMP Support Team
- We have a team dedicated to helping you with your questions on AMP. We will provide good technical support for this product.
7. Continuous Development and Updates
- We will be working hard to continuously develop this extension and release updates constantly so that your plugins can continue to work flawlessly on accelerated mobile pages.
How to set up
1. Step 1 – First we have to create Wildcard Subdomain Endpoints for AMP entry using DNS.
- To create a wildcard subdomain in cPanel, navigate to Domains -> Zone Editor from the cPanel menu.
- Then click + A Record to create an A record for your wildcard subdomain (*.yourdomain.com.).
- Note the additional period after your domain name. Ensure that A record points to your server’s IP address.
- While creating the name of the record use asterix (*) followed by site name.
- Click Add an A Record to complete the configuration and now Wildcard Subdomain is created.
- If you are not using the c-panel then you have to contact your hosting team and inform them to create a wildcard subdomain.
2. Step 2 – Subdomain Endpoints for AMP is a Paid Plugin Extension. You won’t find that extension in the WordPress Plugin directory. So you have to upload this plugin after purchasing.
- Click on Upload Plugin then choose “Subdomain Endpoints for AMP” Extension from which you already downloaded after purchase.
- After that, click on Install Now
- For more details on how to upload extension click on this link Upload and Install.
- Once you activate the plugin you will find this option in the WordPress Dashboard -> AMP option panel -> AMP Subdomain -> Settings
- Then you have to enable the AMP URL Format option after that you have to select Use Subdomain As Endpoint.
- After selecting Use Subdomain As Endpoint option then you will be having a textarea named Enter subdomain.
- Once you enter the required subdomain and then click on the “Save Changes” button.
3. That’s it for this tutorial!